10 questions parents should be asking the school district
- What are the optimal devices that work best for my child to fully participate in the BYOD activities at school?
- What type of mobile plan do your recommend that I/we purchase for my child’s device?
- Do you recommend that my child pay for their own device or is it better that I pay for all or part of it?
- Does our family need to have Wifi or Broadband Internet? If we don’t have Broadband Internet, is there another way we can participate?
- Are there any software or hardware companies where the school has a “discount” for families?
- What if we cannot afford a device for our child? Does the school provide devices to loan to families? Does the school have a scholarship account for children in need?
- What are the rules and structures around device use at school? Should I be implementing these same rules at home?
- Do you have any resources that could help support digital citizenship at home?
- Are there classroom or school activities that I can also participate in through my mobile device?
- Do you have any suggestions how I can better communicate with my child through our mobile devices?
What other questions should parents be asking schools with a BYOD policy? Please share in the comments below