1) Copy the RSS feed for the podcast that you would like to hear
2) Login to http://www.podlinez.com/
3) Paste the RSS feed into podlinez
4) Immediately a phone number will be generated, where you can call anytime from any phone to get the latest updates on the podcast!
It does take a few minutes for the RSS to generate into the mobile podcast (so give it ten minutes before you call in). But once you call in, you can store the number in your contact list and then call the number to hear the latest broadcast!
1) Parents, community members, alumni can hear the latest school news with just a telephone number.
2) Also, since you can turn a blog text into an audio text with Talkr or Odiogo, those feeds can be subscribed to through Podlinez, resulting in parents being able to hear their child's latest text blog post. For example, I use Odiogo and I put my Odiogo RSS feed into Podlinez. Now you can listen to my blog posts by dialing 1-712-318-9982.
This may also have application for visually impaired students.
3) Students who do not have Internet access at home can still listen to blog and newsfeeds from the class activities.